Leak detection & rectification! Stay Safe!!
Never use a gas appliance if you think it is not working properly. Signs to look out for include yellow or orange flames (except for fuel-effect fires which display this colour flame),
soot or stains around the appliance and pilot lights that frequently blow out.
* Never cover an appliance or block the convection air vents
* Never block or obstruct any fixed ventilation grilles or air bricks
* Never block or cover outside flues
Caution: Whenever draught exclusion, ceiling or extraction fans, double glazing or conservatory extensions are fitted to a room containing a gas appliance, the appliance should subsequently be checked for safety.
All gas consumers are advised to have appliances checked for safety at least every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered installer.
Carbon monoxide alarms are a useful back-up precaution but must not be regarded as a substitute for proper installation and maintenance of gas equipment by a Gas Safe registered installer. If you decide to buy a carbon monoxide alarm, ensure it meets current safety standards (BS 7860 or BS EN 50291) and carries the Kitemark. If in doubt ask a member of our staff for advice.
Always follow the manufacturer’s siting instructions.
If you smell gas, or suspect there is a gas escape, you should immediately do the following:
* Open all doors and windows
* Shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve (if you know where it is). If gas continues to escape call Transco on the Gas Emergency Freephone Number 0800 111 999
* In the case of suspected carbon monoxide leakage, follow the above procedure, except if you are able to identify the specific appliance at fault. In this case you should consult a Gas Safe registered installer to investigate and make repairs
* Preventative measures are the only safe and secure way to avoid exposure to Carbon Monoxide and a test by our professional engineers will ensure that your home is free of this potentially dangerous gas
Be Gas Safe Call G Sharpe Heating Solutions!
Tel. 01228 576159 | Mob. 07789 481634